THE Big Data + Analytics + Spatial + Cloud + IoT + Everything “Cool"
Oracle User Conference 2017
January 31 – February 2, 2017
Oracle Conference Center at Oracle Head Quarters Campus, Redwood Shores, CA
What Oracle Big Data + Analytics + Spatial + Cloud + IoT + Everything “Cool” Successes Can You Share?
We want to hear your story. Submit your proposal today for Oracle BIWA Summit 2017, January 31– February 2, 2017 and share your successes with Oracle technology. Speaker proposals now are being accepted through October 1, 2016. Submit now for possible early acceptance and publication inOracleBIWA Summit 2017 promotion materials.
Presentations must be non-commercial. Sales promotions for products or services disguised as proposals will be eliminated. Speakers whose abstracts are accepted will be expected to submit at a later date a presentation outline and presentation PDF slide deck. Accompanying technical and use case papers are encouraged, but not required.
Click HERE to submit your abstract(s) for Oracle BIWA Summit 2017.
BIWA Summits are organized and managed by the Oracle Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing and Analytics (BIWA) SIG, the Oracle Spatial and Graph SIG—both Special Interest Groups in the Independent Oracle User Group (IOUG), and the Oracle Northern California User Group. BIWA Summits attract presentations and talks from the top BI, DW, Advanced Analytics, Spatial, and Big Data experts. The 3-day BIWA Summit 2016 event involved Keynotes by Industry experts, Educational sessions, Hands-on Labs and networking events. Click HERE to see presentations and content from BIWA Summit 2016.
Call for Speaker DEADLINE is October 1, 2016 at midnight Pacific Time.
Complimentary registration to Oracle BIWA Summit 2017 is provided to the primary speaker of each accepted abstract.
Note: One complimentary registration per accepted session will be provided. Any additional co-presenters need to register for the event separately and provide appropriate registration fees. It is up to the co-presenters’ discretion which presenter to designate for the complimentary registration.
Please submit speaker proposals in one of the following tracks:
- Advanced Analytics
- Business Intelligence
- Big Data + Data Discovery
- Data Warehousing and ETL
- Internet of Things
- Spatial and Graph
- …Anything else “Cool” using Oracle technologies in “novel and interesting” ways
Learn from Industry Experts from Oracle, Partners, and Customers
Come join hundreds of professionals with shared interests in the successful deployment of Oracle Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, IoT and Analytical products:
Cloud & Big Data
DW & Data Integration
BI & Data Discovery & Visualization
Advanced Analytics & Spatial
Internet of Things
Oracle Database Cloud Service
Big Data Appliance
Oracle Data Visualization Cloud Service
Hadoop abd Spark
Big Data Connectors (Hadoop & R)
Oracle Data as a Service
Oracle Data Integrator (ETL)
Oracle Big Data Preparation Cloud Service
Big Data Discovery
Oracle Advanced Analytics
Oracle Spatial and Graph
Oracle Data Mining & Oracle Data Miner
Oracle R Enterprise
Oracle R Advanced Analytics for Hadoop
Big Data from sensors
What To Expect
500+ Attendees | 90+ Speakers | Hands on Labs | Technical Content| Networking
Exciting Topics Include:
- Database, Data Warehouse, and Cloud, Big Data Architecture
- Deep Dives on existing Oracle BI, DW and Analytics products and Hands on Labs
- Updates on the latest Oracle products and technologies e.g. Oracle Big Data Discovery, Oracle Visual Analyzer, Oracle Big Data SQL
- Novel and Interesting Use Cases of Everything! Spatial, Text, Data Mining, ETL, Security, Cloud
- Working with Big Data: Hadoop, "Internet of Things", SQL, R, Sentiment Analysis
- Oracle Big Data Discovery, Oracle Business Intelligence (OBIEE), Oracle Spatial and Graph, Oracle Advanced Analytics—All Better Together
Example Talks from BIWA Summit 2016: (Need to update pictures from 2016)
- Dogfooding – How Oracle Uses Oracle Advanced Analytics To Boost Sales Efficiency, Frank Heilland, Oracle Sales and Support
- Fiserv Case Study: Using Oracle Advanced Analytics for Fraud Detection in Online Payments, Julia Minkowski, Fiserv
- Enabling Clorox as Data Driven Enterprise, Yigal Gur, Clorox
- Big Data Analytics with Oracle Advanced Analytics 12c and Big Data SQL and the Cloud, Charlie Berger, Oracle
- Stubhub and Oracle Advanced Analytics, Brian Motzer, Stubhub
- Fault Detection using Advanced Analytics at CERN's Large Hadron Collider: Too Hot or Too Cold, Mark Hornick, Oracle
- Large Scale Machine Learning with Big Data SQL, Hadoop and Spark, Marcos Arancibia, Oracle
- Oracle R Enterprise 1.5 – Hot new features!, Mark Hornick, Oracle
BI and Visualization
- Electoral fraud location in Brazilian General Elections 2014, Alex Cordon, Henrique Gomes, CDS
- See What’s There and What’s Coming with BICS & Data Visualization, Philippe Lions, Oracle
- Optimize Oracle Business Intelligence Analytics with Oracle 12c In-Memory Database option, Kai Yu, Dell
- BI Movie Magic: Maps, Graphs, and BI Dashboards at AMC Theatres, Tim Vlamis, Vlamis
- Defining a Roadmap for Migrating to Oracle BI Applications on ODI, Patrick Callahan, AST Corp.
- Free form Data Visualization, Mashup BI and Advanced Analytics with BI 12c, Philippe Lions, Oracle
- How to choose between Hadoop, NoSQL or Oracle Database , Jean-Pierre Djicks, Oracle
- Enrich, Transform and Analyse Big Data using Big Data Discovery and Visual Analyzer, Mark Rittman, Rittman Mead
- Oracle Big Data: Strategy and Roadmap, Neil Mendelson, Oracle
- High Speed Video Processing for Big Data Applications, Melliyal Annamalai, Oracle
- How to choose between Hadoop, NoSQL or Oracle Database, Shyam Nath, General Electric
- What's New With Oracle Business Intelligence 12c, Stewart Bryson, Red Pill
- Leveraging Oracle Big Data Discovery to Master CERN’s Control Data, Antonio Romero Marin, CERN
- Hybrid Cloud Using Oracle DBaaS: How the Italian Workers Comp Authority Uses Graph Technology, Giovanni Corcione, Oracle
- Oracle DBaaS Migration Road Map, Daniel Morgan, Forsythe Meta7
- Safe Passage to the CLOUD – Analytics, Rich Solari, Privthi Krishnappa, Deloitte
- Oracle BI Tools on the Cloud–On Premise vs. Hosted vs. Oracle Cloud, Jeffrey Schauer, JS Business Intelligence
Data Warehousing and ETL
- Making SQL Great Again (SQL is Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge!) , Panel Discussion, Andy Mendelsohn, Oracle, Steve Feuerstein, Oracle, George Lumpkin, Oracle
- The Place of SQL in the Hybrid World, Kerry Osborne and Tanel Poder, Accenture Enkitec Group
- Is Oracle SQL the best language for Statistics, Brendan Tierney, Oralytics
- Taking Full Advantage of the PL/SQL Compiler, Iggy Ferenandez, Oracle
Internet of Things
- Industrial IoT and Machine Learning – Making Wind Energy Cost Competitive, Robert Liekar, M&S Consulting
- Utilizing Oracle Spatial and Graph with Esri for Pipeline GIS and Linear Asset Management, Dave Ellerbeck, Global Information Systems
- Oracle Spatial and Graph: New Features for 12.2, Siva Ravada, Oracle
- High Performance Raster Database Manipulation and Data Processing with Oracle Spatial and Graph, Qingyun (Jeffrey) Xie, Oracle
Example Hands-on Labs from BIWA Summit 2016:
- Scaling R to New Heights with Oracle Database, Mark Hornick, Oracle, Tim Vlamis, Vlamis Software
- Learn Predictive Analytics in 2 hours!! Oracle Data Miner 4.1, Charlie Berger, Oracle, Brendan Tierney, Oralytics, Karl Rexer, Rexer Analytics
- Predictive Analytics using SQL and PL/SQL, Oracle Brendan Tierney, Oralytics, Charlie Berger, Oracle
- Oracle Data Visualization Cloud Service Hands-On Lab with Customer Use Cases, Pravin Patil, Kapstone
Lunch & Partner Lightning Rounds
- Fast and Fun 5 Minute Presentations from Each Partner–Must See!
Submit your abstract(s) today, good luck and hope to see you there!
Dan Vlamis and Shyam Nath , Oracle BIWA Summit '17Conference Co-Chairs
Source: Oracle BI, Big Data Analytics, Blog Posts – https://blogs.oracle.com